Building Educational Success Together (BEST)
- ELI provides a transitional period for students to get acclimated to the U.S. and improve their English, as well as opportunities to research, visit, and select the most appropriate college.
- ELI prepares students for admission to the university or college of their choosing, unlike prep schools affiliated with just one specific school.
- ELI helps students excel on TOEFL or IELTS exams.
- Program duration is customized for each student; some may finish the program in less than a year.
BEST Curriculum and Instructors
- ELI delivers a CEA accredited English program recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- The Curriculum is designed in collaboration with professors from top American universities.
- Instructors use Inquiry Based Learning methods and provide interactive classroom experiences that inspire students to take an active role in the learning process.
- All instructors have Master of Arts in TESOL or Applied Linguistics and significant English teaching experience.
- ELI is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, adjacent to the University of North Carolina campus voted to be one of the most beautiful campuses in the U.S.
- ELI’s campus is adjacent to Research Triangle Park (RTP), the largest and best-respected research, development and technology park in the United States. RTP is nicknamed the “Silicon Valley of the East” and is home to more than 200 companies and 60,000 professionals, including Lenovo World headquarters and IBM headquarters.
- This region is known for its safety, low cost of living, mild weather, and beautifully preserved lakes and parks.
- ELI is just a few hours’ drive from popular travel destinations such as the Great Smoky Mountains, the Atlantic Beach, the Outer Banks, and Washington, D.C. the capital of the United States.
- The area’s elementary and secondary public school systems are routinely ranked among the best in the nation.
- The region boasts 5% of the nation’s top ranked public schools.
- ELI is located near the following high-ranked universities:
Duke University – 2016 US News #8
Duke is a private university founded in 1838, consistently included among the best universities in the world by every major ranking: The New York Times reported Duke’s graduates are among the most sought-after and valued in the world; Reuters ranked Duke first for innovation; Forbes ranks Duke 11th in producing billionaires.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2016 US News #30
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, also known as UNC, or simply Carolina, is the oldest public university in the United States. UNC consistently ranks among the top five public research universities. U.S. News & World Report ranked UNC 5th among all public universities and ranked their undergraduate program 30th out of 4100 colleges and universities in the U.S.
North Carolina State University 2016 US News # 89
North Carolina State University (NCSU) is a public research university located in Raleigh, North Carolina. U.S. News & World Report ranks NC State’s Nuclear Engineering program 6th in the nation and its Biological & Agricultural Engineering program 10th. U.S. News & World Report also ranked NC State’s Veterinary program 3rd nationally.