English Learning Institute
English Learning Institute (ELI) improves and enhances educational, technological, and cultural opportunities for international students seeking to improve their English proficiency. ELI’s Academic English Program (AEP) is a full-time, CEA accredited academic English program for international students offered year-round. This program is designed for English learners of all levels seeking to improve their English proficiency in all skill areas. AEP teaches English language and university study skills to students from many countries around the world.
ELI offers students the following:
- 20 hours per week of academic English classes + elective classes
- Reading, writing, listening, speaking and presentation courses
- 5-level program aimed at university/college admission
- TOEFL preparation and testing
- Internet and computer access
- Access to library, health center, gym, and other campus facilities
- ELI delivers a CEA accredited English program recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Curriculum designed by professors from top American universities.
- Instructors use Inquiry Based Learning methods and provide interactive classroom experiences that inspire students to take an active role in the learning process.
- All Instructors have Master of Arts in TESOL or Applied Linguistics and significant English teaching experience.
The English Learning Institute’s mission is to provide the highest quality language instruction for each student through its strategically designed curriculum offered by skilled and knowledgeable faculty in a nurturing and culturally-responsive environment that fosters each individual’s academic and personal success.
- Ensure that each learner feels comfortable
- Prepare each learner for academic and personal success
- Provide a conducive environment for the learner to connect with the educational material
- Maintain highly qualified trainers and staff members
- Offer opportunities to delve into American culture through immersion
- Provide the necessary materials for each learner to effectively acquire the English language
- Offer one-on-one assistance as needed
News & Announcements
ELI Volunteering Opportunities!
ELI is currently looking for volunteers! Visit our Volunteer Opportunities page to learn more.
ELI is currently looking for Interns to fill multiple internship positions. Visit our Internships page.
ELI’s Study USA Profile!
ELI is now featured on the Study USA website! See our profile here.
As of February 7, 2017 ELI is authorized under Federal law to issue I-20 forms to international students! Students who have questions about how to obtain an I-20 form from our school can visit our Immigration Advising page.